Corporate gifting is an age-old marketing trick, and despite the shift towards digital means and change in conventional promotional strategies, it remains a viable choice for small and large brands alike. With that said, selecting corporate gifts isn’t always the easiest task. Here’s what you need to know.
- Be sure of what you want to convey. When you are spending a chunk of your marketing budget on promotional items, you have to be sure of your message and purpose. This can be something as simple as motivating the employees or a trick to get the attention of top clients. Get your objective right in the first place.
- Consider every person/target. What works for a business client will not work for a commoner. The essence of corporate gifting is about gifting people things that they will like, appreciate and remember. Yes, there are ways to save money on such products, but you have to be considerate of expectations.
- Work with a known supplier. Regardless of what you are looking for, finding a reliable supplier like Concept Plus is half the battle won. Such manufacturers can offer tips on budgeting, selecting products, and they always know what it takes to customize things for respective brands.
- Don’t overdo the branding quotient. Many companies end up using a lot of branding elements on promotional products and corporate gifts, which isn’t the best idea. You don’t want people to think of it as a promotion of your brand. Keep things simple to just initials or put in a tag line that defines your company.
- Order in bulk. If saving money on corporate gifts is your first priority, you have to order in bulk. This works better when you are shopping for your employees or customers, where hundreds of items are required together.
- Shop online. The best way to save some more is to go online. The best suppliers are online, and you can always get coupons, codes and vouchers that help in saving more.
- Function counts. You don’t want to give a corporate gift that will end up in the store room or will be thrown away in no time. Find products that are functional and useful to the concerned person, no matter the size and price.
Shortlist a few options, create a budget and talk to a few suppliers to find the best corporate gifts that can fit in.